Integration Works for Libraries
Carl Bloom Associates strongly recommends that public libraries integrate their fundraising appeals and messages across all giving channels – direct mail, email and online. Leaving one or more channels out of a campaign negatively impacts response by limiting the giving options available to donors. Recently a metropolitan library came to CBA looking for a way to stand out in their busy area while acquiring more donors and increasing revenue. In turn, CBA recommended an integrated holiday campaign.
- Direct Mail to current and lapsed donors
- Acquisition to traditional lists and modeled lists – targeting the “ideal” library donor
- Five-part holiday-themed email series focused on Thanksgiving, Giving Tuesday and Year-End
Timeline of Strategy
Donors with email addresses received a five-part email series starting with a special Thanksgiving message, which was sent in conjunction with direct mail effort #1. Giving Tuesday emails put the library in front of the donor on the popular day of giving. Finally, the year-end push of direct mail and email reminded donors that it was their last chance to make a tax-deductible donation.
response (0-12 months)
additional gifts raised
new donors acquired
- Active donors had a $53+ average gift.
- Donors who received both email and direct mail had an $88 average gift vs. a $43 average gift for those who only received mail.
- Four major donors were acquired from modeled lists with gift ranges between $150 – $1,000.
Want to learn how Carl Bloom Associates can help your library?